Strategic acquisition expands Cyara’s solutions for AI and cloud contact center migration assurance
SILICON VALLEY, Calif. – March 27, 2023 – Cyara, the creator and leader of the Customer Experience (CX) Assurance category, today announced its acquisition of industry-leading global communication testing company Spearline, headquartered in Ireland. This significantly expands Cyara’s global in-country dialing and WebRTC testing and monitoring capabilities. The strategic acquisition of Spearline solidifies Cyara’s position as the global leader in CX testing and assurance. The amount of the transaction is undisclosed.
The deal pairs Cyara’s leadership in contact center and chatbot assurance with Spearline’s global dialing and WebRTC capabilities to deliver an unmatched solution set that uniquely addresses the needs of enterprises transforming their CX through the adoption of cloud- and AI-based solutions that support the modern remote workforce.
Spearline brings the most comprehensive global in-country dialing solution that provides mobile and landline dialing assurance in over 80 countries. Spearline also brings market-leading WebRTC testing solutions that enable the monitoring of voice and video delivered through Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platforms like NICE CXOne, Amazon Connect, Genesys Cloud RingCentral and Zoom.
Cyara’s latest acquisition is part of an innovation strategy to address rapidly developing market trends:
- Chatbots and Conversational AI: In 2022, to address the growing needs of enterprises adopting AI-based customer service solutions, Cyara acquired Botium, which added testing of chatbot and conversational AI to the company’s portfolio to better serve emerging large language model (LLM) based technology like ChatGPT, Google Bard and Bing Search.
- WebRTC-based CCaaS and UCaaS Platforms: Spearline’s unmatched WebRTC testing capabilities address the growing trend of enterprises moving their contact center and unified communications platforms to cloud solutions that support voice, video and address the needs of remote workforces.
“To support a remote workforce, organizations are moving their communications platforms to the cloud,” said Alok Kulkarni, CEO of Cyara. “While this eliminates the complexity of managing the hardware, there is new complexity in testing advanced features that come with these platforms, like AI, video and omnichannel. Cyara offers the only CX assurance platform that can address the complexity of these modern communications systems today, and in the future.”
Spearline’s flagship solution, Voice Assure, helps global companies in industries like technology, travel and banking, assure that their customers can reach them across the globe. Voice Assure places in-country calls to toll and toll-free numbers, and measures the audio quality and connectivity of those calls, which enables enterprises to replicate customers’ experiences locally and analyze key performance metrics such as connectivity, audio quality, and Caller ID presentation. Voice Assure is the most comprehensive in-country dialing solution with:
- In-country testing in more than 80 countries
- Interstate testing for the US and Canada
- Dialing from mobile- and land-lines
- 200+ points of presence
- Coverage of over 250 carriers
In 2021, Spearline acquired testRTC to add WebRTC monitoring to their portfolio, and most recently bolstered that investment with the acquisition of the Callstats.io business line from 8×8. These investments support the testing and monitoring needs of organizations adopting WebRTC-based cloud communications platforms. Combined with Cyara ResolveAX, this yields the most comprehensive set of assurance solutions for WebRTC-based platforms.
“We are thrilled to join forces with Cyara to bring unmatched excellence to CX assurance,” said Kevin Buckley, Co-Founder and CEO of Spearline. “This strategic move enables us to help more customers transform their CX, making every interaction flawless. We are excited for Spearline to become part of this combined powerhouse, and look forward to the positive impact it will have on our customers.”
With this acquisition, Cyara offers unmatched expertise and capabilities to assure customer communications technology:
- Most comprehensive set of of CX Assurance solutions – assuring communications across CCaaS, UCaaS and CPaaS platforms including voice, digital, SMS, AI chatbots, video and WebRTC
- 450+ customers worldwide
- Unmatched dedication to customer success with NPS score of over 65
- 450+ employees worldwide all focused on making every communication flawless
To learn more about this strategic acquisition, visit www.cyara.com/cyara-spearline.
Cyara, the leader and creator of the CX Assurance category, empowers enterprises and solution providers to deliver flawless interactions through the most comprehensive platform assuring the widest array of communications channels including voice, web, chatbot, video and WebRTC. With coverage in over 80 countries and 200+ points of presence, Cyara automates testing and eliminates time-consuming and error-prone manual testing of contact centers and unified communications platforms. With a customer retention rate of 96% and a NPS of 67, every day, major global brands trust Cyara to deliver customer smiles at scale. For more information, please visit cyara.com.
U.S. Media Contact
10Fold Communications for Cyara
Ireland Media Contact
+353 (0)86 258 7206
Heneghan PR for Cyara